Sunday 12 January 2014

Review - Cupcakes At Carringtons by Alexandra Brown

Cupcakes At Carringtons by Alexandra Brown
Genre: Women's Fiction / Chick-lit


I tell you the truth bloggers, in the first page I thought maybe I wouldn't want to read it, because it seemed like it'd be just a fluffy gossip read. But I decided to give it a go and five pages later I had completely forgotten my first thought, and I really got into it.

This book is about Georgie, who loves her job as a sales clerk in a department store. But Georgie is stressed about money, and then it gets worse as she gets stressed about her job, stressed about her co-workers and stressed about her boss - not to mention her love life and that wealthy socialite who keeps leering at her.

I really found myself liking Georgie more and more the further I got into the book. Despite being a luxury handbag saleswoman, Georgie is not shallow or stupid and that appealed to me. Even though she makes some stupid decisions, it just makes her more human. She is a kind and caring friend who wants to do what's right by the people she knows.

The title is a bit out of place because the book's main theme is not really cakes or cafés. The ending was very satisfying because the pace sped up, there was suspense, and there were several huge twists I never expected.

I would recommend this book with 4/5 stars.

No payment was received for this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment